What better way to set your personal training and race goals then by writing them down for the world to see. Below are my 2013 race and personal training goals.
#1 Triathlon Goal:
- Finish in the top 20 of my age group in the 2013 Chicago Triathlon Sprint event. Based on 2012 results my time needs to be sub 1:24 to place in the top 20.
#1 Running Goal:
- Break 24 minutes in a 5K race. My previous best is 27:49.
A little friendly wager occurred over a couple of drinks after work that has now worked its way onto the list of personal fun goals for the 2013 season.
- Pigman Sprint Triathlon – Beat Ed’s time while spotting him 14 minutes – $100. Beat Holly’s time even up – $150.
While the main negotiation was occuring a few side bets broke out which include:
My time – 1:30 Over / Under:
John – $25
JB – $25
Beat Ed with the 14 min handicap:
Liz – $25
John – $25
Rich – $25
Additional 2013 Goals:
- Complete 6 triathlon sprint events (I really like the Toyota Sprint Races that the Chicago Triathlon was part of and want to do 5 of these in 2013 and the local Pigman race in Cedar Rapids)
- Complete 1 Olympic distance triathlon
- Complete a half marathon race
- Take lots of pictures, write about my experiences, and most of all have lots of FUN!